Appeals Guide - The hearing notice
After receiving your appeal, the Appeal Tribunal will promptly schedule a hearing and mail a hearing notice to all parties. Call the Appeal Tribunal if you do not receive your hearing notice within three weeks after filing your appeal.
The hearing notice will tell you:
- the date, time, and place of the hearing
- the issue or issues which will be taken up at the hearing
- instructions for participating in the hearing
Read your hearing notice carefully. Check to make sure all issues are listed. Follow all instructions on the hearing notice.
Be sure to call the Appeal Tribunal if:
- The hearing notice does not list the issues you expect to be covered at the hearing, or
- You have a serious problem with the date, time, or place of the hearing.
The appeals office is located in Juneau. If you live within 55 road miles from Anchorage or Juneau, you may request an in-person hearing, which will be granted at the discretion of the assigned appeals officer.
You must call the Appeal Tribunal at (800) 232-4762 when you receive the hearing notice. Give the telephone number(s) where you and your witnesses can be reached at the time of the hearing. If you do not call and provide your telephone number, the appeals officer cannot contact you for the hearing, and you will likely receive an unfavorable decision.