Alaska Occupational Safety and Health Review Board
The Alaska Occupational Safety and Health Review Board hears and decides appeals of citations, penalties, and abatement dates issued by the enforcement staff of the Occupational Safety and Health Section pursuant to the Alaska Occupational Safety and Health Act. The Board was created in 1973 under AS 18.60.057 of the Act, and its procedural regulations are contained in 8 AAC 61.160 – 8 AAC 61.220.
The Board consists of three members appointed by the Governor for staggered four-year terms. One member represents labor, one member represents industry, and one member represents the public. The Board chair is designated by the Governor.
The Board meets quarterly to hear contested cases. The Board is assisted by a hearing officer who presides over contested cases, rules on procedural and evidentiary matters, and prepares decisions and orders for the Board.
To contact the Board:
Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development
1111 West 8th Street
P.O. Box 111149
Juneau, AK 99811-1149
Copies of Board decisions from 1975 to the present are available for review in the State Law Libraries in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Juneau.
- No. 15-2286 Hartman Construction & Equipment Inc.
- No. 12-272 SNC Lavalin Constructors Inc.
- No. 10-2252 Southeast Earthmovers, Inc.
- No. 12-2270 James Halliday Jr., DMD LLC d/b/a Cook Inlet Dental
- No. 11-2256 Sandstrom and Sons Inc.
- No. 09-2244 Satori Group, Inc.
- No. 10-2250 ASRC Energy Services, Inc.
- No. 08-2238 A&R Construction, Inc.
- No. 09-2243 IHS Construction
- No. 08-2239 Kiewit Cornerstone JV
- No. 07-2223 Alcan Electric Engineering, Inc.
- No. 04-2204 Nautilus Foods
- No. 04-2203 Rain Proof Roofing
- No. 03-2188 Paul Welton
- No. 02-2184 Arctech Services, Inc
- No. 01-2176 JBS Roofing Paving
- No. 01-2166 Purely Alaskan Water
- No. 01-2163 Seward Fisheries
- No. 00-2150 ERSI
- No. 00-2139 Asbestos Inspections
- No. 99-2131 Whitewater
- No. 99-2126 KK Recycling
- No. 98-2112 Abrego Construction
- No. 97-2101 McLin Contractors
- No. 96-2082 City Borough Sitka
- No. 96-2082 Chucks Backhoe
- No. 95-2054 Alaska Building Systems
- No. 95-2053 Nautilus Foods
- No. 95-2032 Through 95-2045 DFYS
- No. 95-2010 ITT Federal Services
- No. 94-1070, 1091, 1092 Saxman Sawmill, Inc
- No. 94-1056S Dept of Transportation and Public Facilities
- No. 94-1055 Halliburton Energy Services
- No. 94-1046 Anchorage Community YMCA
- No. 94-1042 Johansson Plumbing Co
- No. 94-1029S Dept of Transportation and Public Facilitie
- No. 94-1017 Ketchikan Pulp Co
- No. 93-983 Browning Timber, Inc
- No. 93-978 The Broad Way
- No. 93-975 General Roofing Co
- No. 93-972 Quest Environmental Inc
- No. 93-970 and 971 Silver Bow Construction
- No. 93-960 Great_Pacific Seafoods, Inc
- No. 93-1011 Wasilla Feed
- No. 93-1010 Bourne Contracting
- No. 92-921 Earth Movers of Fairbanks, Inc
- No. 91-910 Roger Longley Builders Inc
- No. 91-909 Certified Asbestos Abaters
- No. 91-908 Dept of Corrections
- No. 91-898 Dept of Education
- No. 91-893 Ross Services
- No. 91-891 MacMillan Construction Co
- No. 91-883 Dawson Construction Co
- No. 91-881 Ross Services
- No. 91-875 Dept of Transportation and Public Facilities
- No. 91-870 Dept of Corrections
- No. 91-867 Westmark Hotels, Inc
- No. 91-865 Tab Electric, Inc
- No. 91-858 Neal and Company, Inc
- No. 91-854 Whitestone Logging, Inc
- No. 90-850 Steel Engineering and Erection, Inc
- No. 90-841 City of Soldotna
- No. 90-836 Dept of Transporation and Public Facilities
- No. 90-831 H&H Contractors, Inc
- No. 90-827 Channel Builders, Inc
- No. 90-826 Ketchikan Pulp Company, Inc
- No. 90-818 Dept of Health and Social Services McLaughlin Youth Center
- No. 90-817 Dept of Transportation and Public Facilities
- No. 90-815 Ellis Law Offices, Inc
- No. 90-813 General Roofing and Rite Way Roofing J.V.
- No. 89-811 Costco Wholesale, Inc
- No. 89-799 Anderson Construction Company
- No. 89-789 Allied Construction
- No. 89-784 Through 89-786 Mom and Pop's Grocery 1, 4 and 7
- No. 89-782 Steel Fabricators, Inc
- No. 89-781 Cook Inlet Aquaculture Association
- No. 89-780 Macomber Corporation, Inc
- No. 89-769 Konoike Construction Co Ltd
- No. 88-767 Hector's Welding, Inc
- No. 88-766 Gittins Construction, Inc
- No. 88-758 United Muffler City, Inc
- No. 88-751 Newton Excavation, Inc
- No. 88-750 Wilder Construction Company, Inc
- No. 88-749 Gildersleeve Logging Company, Inc
- No. 88-747 Matrix Construction, Inc
- No. 88-743 Harman Excavating, Inc
- No. 88-733 Quest Environmental, Inc
- No. 88-731 Ketchikan Pulp Company
- No. 88-729 Mat Valley Electric
- No. 88-727 Chuck's Backhoe, Inc
- No. 88-726 Insulation Specialties Manufacturing Co
- No. 88-724 Lease Kissee
- No. 87-717 Blitz Electric, Inc
- No. 87-716 Chuck's Backhoe, Inc
- No. 87-714 Lockheed Support Systems, Inc
- No. 87-712 John Cabot Trading Company
- No. 87-709 Walsky Construction
- No. 87-702 Department of Military and Veterans Affairs